Thursday, April 19, 2007

Last Day in Las Vegas!

Last night was fun even though I passed out for three hours. I think my allergies and sinuses are just getting the best of me down here. It is really dusty.....

Chris and I headed down to the Final Cut Pro party but it was pretty lame at first so we went out to eat at Orchid again. Great beef tenderloin and service. I love that they give you a hot washcloth when you sit down. Feels great after being on the floor talking to people all day. After dinner we headed back to the party and got to see Walter Murch talk for about two hours. Very interesting guy even though he has such a dry delivery (or is it his voice?). I learned a lot and got a kick out of hanging out with all these editors from around the world. Fun stuff.

After the party, most of the guys were going to get some drinks or something and I just headed back. It was after midnight at this point so I didn't feel like such a wet blanket. When I got back to the hotel I started watching a movie on my laptop but fell instantly asleep instead. Woke up enough to close the laptop and put it on the floor before Chris got back later that night.

Ok, I think I better download a couple shots or go shoot some more! It's going to be a bit nuts carrying all my gear down to the Convention Center and then making a mad dash to the airport tonight. Wish me luck!!!

Love you!
Jay

No comments: